Celebrate World Yoga Day – 21-06-2021

Dear Friends,

Tomorrow, 21-06-21 is very auspicious day. On the one side it is Nirjala Ekadasi, the most auspicious of the Ekadasis, fasting for getting blessings of  Lord Vishnu.  on the other , it is world yoga day. Right time for every one to start the journey of Yoga, Pranayama and meditation.

Having personally experienced the benefits, I am advocating everyone to practice some kind of yoga, asanas, pranayama, Meditation. We are lucky to have born in the country of Yoga and Ayurveda. In this COVID tension and anxiety, meditation is the best way to calm the mind. Medical science has found out that many of the casualties of COVID is more due to anxiety than infection.  Pranayama strengthens the lungs, calms the nerves and mind, improves immunity and health through inhaling of higher amount of oxygen. Yoga asanas strengthens both body and mind and brings total health and wellbeing of the practitioner.

Being a firm believer of karma, from childhood I am fortunate to be inclined towards spirituality and Yoga. However, slowly as I grew I was focussed on studies and yoga practice was not there though I was a firm believer of benefits from yoga. I also believe in Astrology and impact of stars on our life.

Briefly I will explain the path traversed by me, for the benefit of others, for them to learn from others sufferings .

When I was at the peak of my career in Mumbai and was working day and night and extensive travel on consulting activities, my health took serious beating and my family was in panic. It was Kateel Durgaparameshwari whose blessing saved me then. My wife offered the chain she was wearing to Maa Durga in prayer when we were in panic stage because of  heart ailment.  That is when my yoga and spirituality came back to me.

Again, I was back on track and career was successful and yoga practice took back seat. However, later , Roller Coaster journey, mental stress of life again brought me into yoga and spirituality. This time I decided to pursue spiritual and yoga attainments and started serious practice. That has brought me complete calmness and peace. I firmly believe chidananda roopah shivoham ( I am the eternal bliss, shiva).

Earlier I had lower back pain, acidity and high cholesterol. Daily on travelling by car to office, back pain used to aggravate. Today I am in perfect health. This has brought me all-round benefits, physical, mental and emotional.

I get up at 4.00 am. Chanting OM for few times and chanting mantras. Do some warm up exercises, then practice a few Asanas like  Tadasana , Vrukshasana, Dhanurasana, makarasana, Vajrasana, Padmasana, Sarvangasana and a few exercises to support spinal cord and also 10-15 surya Namaskaras.  This takes about 45 minutes. Then I practice Pranayama for 20-30 minutes, mainly Nadi shodhana, Bastrika, Kapala Bhathi, Sheetala. Then Meditation and Chakra cleansing . Other than this, morning pooja takes about half an hour.

I am not suggesting this routine of mine to every one. However, spend at least 30 minutes in the morning before sun rise for such practices. Getting up before 5 am , at Brahmi Muhurta , has lot of benefits. Whatever we practice during this time, including chanting of Mantras , multiplies the benefits, including studies for students.

You develop your own routine and follow. That will completely transform the life. Destroys our bad karmas and purifies us. If you start tomorrow and practice for 21 days , I assure you it will become your permanent routine and you will be on a different plane and enjoy lasting happiness and bliss. If you don’t believe in God, at least understand that this universe which is so methodical and wonderful, could not have accidently come into being. some force has created this. Let us accept that force and worship it.

God bless us all. Stay safe. Stay blessed.

Wish you happy world yoga day and Ekadasi.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ALM in Banks